Skirting for Manufactured Homes Made to Look Site-Built
Considering community desires today, manufactured homes must be able to fit into residential neighborhoods. In order to accomplish this, the home essentially needs to look site-built. This is where concrete mobile home skirting is useful.
Most often, site-built homes have a poured-in-place perimeter foundation, stem wall, and footing. Calling this a perimeter foundation for a manufactured home is wrong. Just because it can support the weight of the home on the perimeter does not mean it is a foundation. In some ways, this can be detrimental as it is subject to weather and moisture, not to mention it gets in the way of properly securing the tie-downs. The better system is to support the structure under the home, tucked away from nature’s elements.
Manufactured homes are supported away from the perimeter of the home. This is a great design but leaves a distinctive space beneath the manufactured home. So, how do you take a great design still find a way to skirt match site-built structures? Well, there are a couple of methods to accomplish this.
- The stem-wall foundation. The first method is pouring a stem-wall foundation, although entirely unnecessary, around the perimeter. This methodology is costly in requiring a manufactured home to be lifted over and set inside the wall. Although, sometimes the wall can be poured under the home after the setup. Obviously, many contractors loathe doing this for customers.
- Concrete mobile home skirting kits. Installing concrete mobile home skirting kits can give an appearance similar to a poured stem-wall foundation. However, Concrete mobile home skirting installation can be done without removing the manufactured home, thus making it much simpler.
DURASKIRT™ Mobile Home Skirting Kits
Consequently, the most popular method is using concrete skirting for manufactured homes like DURASKIRT™. The system consisting of concrete boards or panels set up around the perimeter is a genus. This system serves the following purposes:
- Guarding the underfloor with concrete.
- Site-built look.
- Meets FHA & VA loan requirements.
- A long-lasting skirting solution.
- Best for matching residential neighborhoods.
Two more reasons for choosing DURASKIRT™ concrete skirting for manufactured homes are simple installation and great customer support.
Who wouldn’t want their manufactured home to look site-built? You can, now, with DURASKIRT™ concrete mobile home skirting kits.
For more information please look around our website or contact us, today.